Sunday, May 20, 2012

Review- HAUNT VOL. 2


HAUNT VOL. 2 (Image, First Printing, 2011; Softcover)

Collects Haunt Nos. 6-12 (cover dates March- December, 2010)

Writer: Robert Kirkman

Artists: Gene Capullo (penciler), Jonathon Glapion, and Todd McFarlane (inkers)

I really enjoyed the first trade paperback of this series, but the tone and flavor of it have changed for the second arc. It is now less macabre and more espionage/action/adventure, which is fine but is less to my liking. This has to be a record for the amount of story that Kirkman crams into each issue. It took me a fair amount of time to get through the seven issue collected in this book. 


Daniel Kilgore and his dead brother, Kurt, merge to become Haunt. This is basically the Brother Voodoo premise on steroids. While I enjoy this dark, gritty, and ultra-violent world of Haunt, I am not sure if I will be on board for volume 3.

The OCD zone- This book has a nice, wax coated cardstock cover and nice coated paper. This is a top notch book.

Follow my blog on Facebook.

DC has made strides in fixing the problem of their books not laying flat. Join the cause page if you want make sure that DC keeps up the recent good work on their hardcovers. Don't do it for me, do it for the children. Won't somebody please think of the children??

No comments:

Post a Comment