Friday, May 25, 2012

Review- SALEM'S DAUGHTER VOL. 1


SALEM'S DAUGHTER VOL. 1 (Zenescope, 2011; Softcover)

Collects Salem's Daughter Nos. 0-5 (cover dates April, 2009- August, 2010)

Writer: Ralph Tedesco

Artists: Caio Mendescal(issue 0), Caio Reis (issue 1), Andres Carranza (issue 2), Roberto Viacava (issues 3-5), and Greg Horn (cover artist)

I bought this at the Zenescope booth at the Detroit FanFare last Fall. Ralph Tedesco was signing copies, so mine is autogtaphed. Like all Zenescope titles, this falls into the semi-Horror/ semi-cheesecake category, all done with a wink and a nod. I enjoyed this story quite a bit, although I am uncertain if I am on board for the second book. I really have to get my comic book priorities straight, as I have neither enough time nor money for all of these books any more. I am so far behind on my reading, and cannot even keep up on my buying any longer. Something has to give. 


The OCD zone- Zenescope's trade paperbacks are as high quality as any of the big comic companies' products, with the same nice laminated cardstock cover and coated paper stock.

Follow my blog on Facebook.

DC has made strides in fixing the problem of their books not laying flat. Join the cause page if you want make sure that DC keeps up the recent good work on their hardcovers. Don't do it for me, do it for the children. Won't somebody please think of the children??

No comments:

Post a Comment