Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Review- HIGH MOON


HIGH MOON(Zuda/ DC, 2009; Softcover)

Collects High Moon web comic originally published at zudacomics.com

Writer: David Gallaher

Artist: Steve Ellis

What do you get when you combine werewolves, vampire-ish creatures, and steam-punk elements of the old west into one story? High Moon. This is a pretty entertaining read overall, but the big problem of web comics became apparent to me after reading this book. I went to the URL in the back of the book to read the further strips, and all that I get is a redirect to DC's official site. If a comic book company folds or is discontinued, I can always refer to my hard copy. If a web comic shuts down, then you are SOL. Give me my dead tree editions!


The OCD zone- This is printed on the same crappy paper that DC used on most of their trade paperbacks during this time frame. It makes the colors look all washed out and dull. Also, the glue was brittle and a few sections cracked away from the spine the first time that I read this. Horrible. It's nothing that library binding glue didn't fix, but is still bullshit.

Follow my blog on Facebook.
DC has made strides in fixing the problem of their books not laying flat. Join the cause page if you want make sure that DC keeps up the recent good work on their hardcovers. Don't do it for me, do it for the children. Won't somebody please think of the children??

No comments:

Post a Comment