Sunday, March 25, 2012

Review- DEMON KNIGHTS #1-5


Demon Knights Nos. 1-5 (DC, cover dates November, 2011- March, 2012)

Writer: Paul Cornell

Artists: Diogenes Neves (pencils), Oclair Albert (inker), and Mike Choi (penciler, segments of Issue 4)

I had some frequent buyer bucks burning a hole in my pocket, and since they are only good on back issues, I decided to try this new title out for free since I was going to buy the trade anyways. As for the New 52, well...I have no opinion on it, honestly. The comic community was up in arms about it, but to me it is a sales gimmick that seems to have mostly worked out.

Unlike the classic Kirby series, this takes place in the Middle Ages and deals with an ancestor of Jason Blood. Also unlike the Kirby series, this is boring and not a whole lot seems to be going on. The writing and artwork are all serviceable, but I wasn't exactly flipping pages with bated breath. I did not get a resolution to this arc since I don't have issue 6, and I honestly don't care. Needless to say that I will not be buying the trade paperback that compiles these issues.

This wasn't a bad read by any stretch of the imagination, but it wasn't exploding with energy like Kirby's take on the character.

There is no OCD zone for floppies. Sorry.

Follow my blog on Facebook.

Join my Facebook cause page to help raise awareness to DC's problem of high end hardcovers with glued binding that don't lay flat. Stand up and be counted!

No comments:

Post a Comment