Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sick of blogging today, so this is the end of it kids...

Shrek Forever After
Went with Billy and some friends (both mine and his), and he loved it. I dug on it too, and that's all you can really ask for. Plus it was only $1.50 at the so-called dollar show.
Conspiracy of Owls
I had been waiting on grabbing this, hoping for a physical CD release. Since it appears that vinyl, cassette, and mp3 are going to remain the only options, I finally grabbed it from Amazon... and burned it on a CD. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why 60-75% of The Go (depending on configuration...wait, weren't they a six piece, too?) would start a new band rather than keep the name. I get it now, though. While not entirely different, they are now free to add all kinds of weirdness to the mix. This is an amazing album, with my favorites being Puzzle Girl, The Lesson, and Raving Mad. The latter is like The James Gang... if they were British... and on acid. Just spectacular, it is my *new* favorite song. I can't get past it without repeating it 2 or 3 times. I also detect some Syd Barrett era Pink Floyd in the chorus. All of the songs are amazing, and I could gush about them but won't. Brilliant stuff that everyone should check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment