Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Review- REVIVAL VOL. 2: LIVE LIKE YOU MEAN IT


REVIVAL VOL. 2: LIVE LIKE YOU MEAN IT (Image, 2013; Softcover)

Collects Revival Nos. 6-11 (cover dates January- June, 2013)

Writer: Tim Seeley

Artist: Mike Norton

Colorist: Mark Englert

I found myself smiling and shaking my head over how clever this series is after reading the second trade paperback in the series. This reads like a television series, with each issue being an episode while building into an overall narrative like American Horror Story. Like that series, things are dropped at the end every time that seem to up the stakes, making you hope that they have the road mapped out or else the wreckage will be gruesome. 


It's difficult for me to comment on exactly what I liked about this because pretty much everything will be a reveal. Since this blog is more about the joy of discovery for you and me rather than one of those glorified synopsis review type blogs, I'll say no more. Just buy it! Trust me...


Junk Food For Thought rating: 4.5 out of 5.

The OCD zone- Image makes good quality trade paperbacks.

DVD-style Extras included in this book: Two pages of character sketches.

Paper rating: 4.5 out of 5. This book has a nice thick coated stock paper.

Binding rating: 4 out of 5. Glued binding.

Cardstock cover coating rating: 4.25 out of 5. The cardstock has a dull matte finish coating which has a very different feel to it. I like it. It is not as easily scuffable as many dull matte/ coated cardstock covers. It's not my preference (I prefer laminated cardstock cover) but it seems durable enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment