Thursday, May 31, 2012

Review- '68 VOL. 1: BETTER RUN THROUGH THE JUNGLE

'68 VOL. 1: BETTER RUN THROUGH THE JUNGLE (Image, 2012; Softcover)
Collects '68 Nos. 1-4 and '68 Encore Edition (cover dates April- October, 2011)
Writer: Mark Kidwell
Artists: Nat Jones and Tim Vigil (back-up stories Mouths of Babes and Sissy only)
I first encountered '68 a few years ago in the Horror Book trade paperback. This mini-series ties in nicely with the one-shot, and it done by the same creative team. The basic premise of this series is this: What if the events that occurred in the 1968 film Night of the Living Dead occurred around the world? What if the dead rising was not an isolated incident but a global one? This takes place in Viet Nam, with the exception of one scene, and is a great read. I am currently in the midst of my comic book purchasing reorganization act of 2012, but I will try my damnedest to stick with this series. 
The OCD zone- Image makes top quality trade paperbacks. Nice paper, the whole bit.

Follow my blog on Facebook.
DC has made strides in fixing the problem of their books not laying flat. Join the cause page if you want make sure that DC keeps up the recent good work on their hardcovers. Don't do it for me, do it for the children. Won't somebody please think of the children??

No comments:

Post a Comment