Friday, February 10, 2012

Review- Infinite Crisis Aftermath: The Spectre


CRISIS AFTERMATH: THE SPECTRE (DC, 2007; Softcover)

Collects Crisis Aftermath: The Spectre Nos. 1-3 and Tales of the Unexpected: The Spectre Nos. 1-3 (cover dates July, 2006- February, 2007)

Writers: David Lapham and Will Pfeifer

Artists: Eric Battle, Cliff Wu Chiang, and Prentis Rollins

Another bargain box find. I wasn't sure how much I'd like this since it's not the original Spectre, but I enjoyed this immensely. I have never read any of the DC Crisis crossovers yet was able to follow this with ease due to the clarity of the writing, with the only question unanswered in the book being why Jim Corrign gave up being the Spectre in the first place. I am sure that this is likely common knowledge among the DC faithful and I am just showing my ignorance of the DC Universe, but there you have it.


The Spectre is such a good character, and Crispus Allen has a different angle to his vengeance from beyond the grave than his predecessor did. He is conflicted and has a desire to retain his humanity, at least for the time being. I have no idea where to go to follow this character any further. Perhaps some of the DC loyalists out there can point me in the right direction.

The OCD zone- A nice laminated cardstock cover coupled with dull matte finish paper make this book a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment