Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Review- Paddington


Paddington (2015)

The kids finally got me back into a movie theatre. The grandparents usually take them to the movies but this time our entire family went with them. I am only vaguely familiar with Paddington Bear from a few library books which I read to my daughter, so this was essentially all new to me. I enjoyed the very British nature of the movie, as I have long wanted to go there.


I enjoyed the talking bears in Peru and the whole backstory. Paddington Bear is likable and the cast works. The story is predictable but I always keep in mind that I am not the target audience for movies like this, children are. The CGI is wonderful, but that seems to be par for the course. All CGI is slick and seamless nowadays. The live action/animation hybrid has come a long way since Who Framed Roger Rabbit?


This was a good kiddie flick. My 8 and 5 year old loved it, and that's all that really matters. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it, to be honest. I half expected it to suck. The popcorn was good and no humans pulled out their phone and texted during the movie. What more can I possibly ask for?
Junk Food For Thought rating: 4 out of 5.

Make sure that you stay until the end of the credits, or you'll miss this scene. Kidding.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, was expecting suckage, and I was surprised at how much fun I had. Saw it with a huge crowd, and everyone was well behaved. Perhaps there is hope for humanity yet.

    Nah, probably not.

    ReplyDelete