Thursday, January 2, 2014

Review- Freebirds

Freebirds (Relativity, 2013)
So the kids are off school for the holidays and I had a day off during the week. It was pretty cold here in Metro Detroit, with a high of 20 degrees Fahrenheit (give or take a degree) and I had to occupy the kids with something other than going outside in said cold. This was at the dollar show (second run theatre) and my son had been bugging me about seeing it, so I figured why not.
The basic gist is that a turkey from a turkey farm gets the Thanksgiving Presidential pardon and gets to live at The White House. He gets rescued by some other turkey and they decide to use some top secret time machine to journey back to the first Thanksgiving to get turkeys off of the menu. Yes, my kids enjoyed it. Yes, I did enjoy my pop and popcorn and got free refills on both. No, I didn't expect to enjoy or not enjoy the movie, although I did expect to enjoy the pop and popcorn. Which I did.
The CGI was decent, par for the course for these types of kids flicks. So was this worth seeing? If you are bored, and you have kids, and you have nothing else to do with them because it is cold outside, and you are a cheap sonofabitch like me...then yes.
Junk Food For Thought rating: 3 out of 5.


No comments:

Post a Comment